Friday, September 5, 2014

A Great First Day!

Our first school day has come and gone and overall I think we all had a lot of fun.  We spent time getting to know each other, learning our new classroom routines, and building classroom community.  I must say, even though it was just one day, I am ready for the weekend!

After our introductions we played a game called "Find Someone Who..."  Students had to go around and find a classmate who fit what they were looking for.  Some of the questions were: "Find someone who went camping this summer", or "Find someone who has a pet cat or dog".  Everyone was able to complete their recording sheet with only using each person once.



We then headed outside for recess.




After we learned some new classroom routines and did a classroom scavenger hunt to familiarize us with the different items and placement of materials in our classroom.








Next was lunch.  We were all getting quite hungry!

We talked about and brainstormed some ideas around what our ideal classroom would look like, sound like, and feel like.  Next week we will use this chart to help us when making our classroom beliefs.
We had a lot of great ideas!


Following afternoon recess, we had a chance to bond with our new classmates during some choice time.






I know we will have a fun year learning together!



  




No comments:

Post a Comment